With all FIDIC contracts there will be claims. This training course is designed to provide practical assistance to those working with the FIDIC Contract Conditions (1999 and 2017 Editions) in the management of claims and achieving resolution to claims, and in particular the workings of the Dispute Adjudication Board.
This practical 3-day training course, provided by a professional engineer with extensive international experience in claims and alternative dispute resolution, explains and illustrates contract management, claim management and dispute management under FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Construction (the “Construction Contract” or the “Red Book”) and the FIDIC Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (the “Design-Build Contract” or the “Yellow Book”).
The course is designed to provide participants with a professional understanding of the responsibilities and rights of the Parties under a FIDIC Contract and the procedures to manage claims, where the resolution of claims will be achieved more successfully. Throughout the course, exercises and case studies are provided to guide participants in the application of the FIDIC Clauses.
Throughout the course there are interactive discussions, case studies, videos, and stimulating question and answer sessions.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the claim and dispute resolution procedures under FIDIC Conditions of Contract
- Recognize practical issues encountered on projects as to claims and disputes, and how to address those
- Summarize recent FIDIC case law and other authorities as to claims and dispute matters
- Apply practical/hands-on feedback and insights from an experienced FIDIC practitioner and a claims consultant
- Demonstrate the necessary knowledge, advice and insights in order to navigate through the FIDIC claim and dispute provisions on their projects
This course provides the necessary knowledge for professionals from Government Ministries and Agencies, Private Sector Employers, Consulting Engineers, Contractors, Construction Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Architects, Legal Advisers, Funding Agencies, Insurers, and all others involved with FIDIC Contracts.
- Contract Administration
- Claim Management
- Dispute Resolution
- FIDIC Contracts
- FIDIC Claims
In addition to receiving Meirc Certificates of Attendance, each participant will earn a FIDIC-accredited certificate indicating completion of the FIDIC module.