Accounting is the language of business. By attending this course you will learn the fundamentals of accounting, reading and analysing financial statements. You will also appreciate the relationship between accounting and finance and understand the use of debits and credits. Finally, this course will help you to record financial transactions accurately and summarize them in financial statements.
This course uses a mix of interactive techniques, such as brief presentations by the consultant and the participants, in addition to demonstrating theoretical core accounting topics. The course also features real-life case studies that are discussed, solved and presented by participants.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Define accounting and the accounting cycle
- Identify the major rules and principles of accounting under the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the basic accounting equation, double-entry bookkeeping, and the new automated accounting systems
- List the key financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, changes in shareholders’ equity and cash flow statement) and their components
- Practice financial statements’ adjustments at month and year-end
Managers, supervisors and staff from any function including the accounting department who need to improve understanding, application and techniques of the language of numbers.